Orthodontics for Adults
Why would adults consider orthodontic treatment?
- An imperfect bite, or malocclusion, causing teeth to fit together incorrectly and possibly triggering some jaw discomfort
- Crowded or excessively spaced teeth, encouraging causing tooth decay or gum disease
- Abnormal pain, or pressure, in the jaw that is caused by crooked or crowded teeth
- The desire for a healthier, more attractive smile.
Treatment options for adults
For many adults, the thought of having metal braces is enough to discourage them from receiving treatment. Today’s orthodontic treatment options however, offer a variety of braces and appliances that are comfortable, aesthetic, and customized to meet your needs. Some of the many options are:
- Clear/Invisible braces-such as Invisalign
- Ceramic braces-clear and barely visible
- Self-ligating braces-systems that move teeth more quickly than ever before
- Lingual braces-fitting behind the teeth
- Invisible braces
Why should you consider orthodontic treatment?
- Straight teeth are healthy teeth — Teeth that are properly aligned are easier to keep clean with flossing and brushing, and may help prevent other dental health problems.
- A beautiful, straight smile builds confidence — Orthodontic treatment can help boost your self-confidence, giving you a happier quality of life and the freedom to smile without holding back!
- Mouths left untreated can get worse — Failing to receive orthodontic treatment when it’s needed can create long-term dental health issues, and end up costing you more in the end.
Dr. Speaks recognizes that adults and children have different needs, and require a different level of attention and care. We will work with you to ensure you receive the most appropriate treatments, and that your needs are met with understanding, respect, and full commitment from us.
To learn more about the benefits of adult orthodontics, please contact us at Speaks Orthodontics to schedule an appointment. We understand you have a busy schedule, and we will work with you to make sure each office visit is as convenient as possible.