Using the iTero™ digital scanner, we will take three-dimensional digital images, or impressions, of your teeth and bite. No impression trays with sticky putty needed! These images are sent directly to Invisalign, resulting in a reduction in wait time to start treatment.
Some benefits of iOC™ digital impressions over traditional putty impressions include:
- Accuracy: They capture the exact contours of your teeth.
- Efficiency: They require less time in the treatment chair.
- Comfort: Taking the digital images is less invasive. No putty is used, and patients are more at ease without fearing they will gag on the impression trays.
- Customizability: They provide a digital plan and allow for trays that are tailored to meet the individual needs and desires of each patient.
- Visualization: They provide each patient with a definite picture of what their teeth will look like before, during and after orthodontic treatment.
- Innovation: They use the most advanced 3-D video technologies.
The iTero utilizes laser and optical scanning to digitally capture the surfaces and contours of the teeth and gum structure in amazing detail. The images are captured by a hand-held photo wand that records 100,000 points of light, 50 microns apart, to create perfectly focused images of your teeth.
The digital impressions will help us formulate a personalized treatment plan that meets your specific needs and desires. We can also use them to visually show you your treatment options and help us keep you up-to-date on your treatment progress.